Disney Movie Challenge

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Disney Movie Challenge
Disney Movie Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2. Oliver and Company (1988)

Go down

2.  Oliver and Company (1988) Empty 2. Oliver and Company (1988)

Post by Shannon Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 pm

2.  Oliver and Company (1988) MV5BMTU2MjYwODk0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjAxMTQ5._V1_SX214_ Storyline

Inspired by Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist". A homeless kitten named Oliver, roams the streets of New York, where he is taken in by a gang of homeless mutts who survive by stealing from others. During one of these criminal acts, Oliver meets a wealthy young girl named Jenny Foxworth. This meeting will forever change his life.

Shannon
Shannon

http://disneymoviechallenge.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

2.  Oliver and Company (1988) Empty Re: 2. Oliver and Company (1988)

Post by Shannon Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 pm

I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid, so it was really nice to see it again!

Poor Oliver! Who leaves a little kitten alone in a box??? IN THE RAIN??? Poor thing, I would have taken him home in a heartbeat! I'm loving all the songs in this movie, surprisingly I remember most of the lyrics! And I haven't seen it in almost 20 years!

The chihuahua (Tito) and the bulldog (Frankie) crack me up with all their bickering, Tito really reminds me of how chihuahuas are in real life! They have a cute pack of stray, criminal, dogs, all with different personalities, who are the only family each other has. They also live with a bum, that's another sad thing. They are bullied by the dobermans (Rosco & Desoto) and their (mob boss????) owner, Mr Sykes. This whole movie really tears at my heart strings, being a huge animal lover. Sad

It's cute how the strays all really care about their bum owner, unconditional love from animals! When that bum started reading a bedtime story to his 'pets', that was so cute, even though they are homeless living in a boat (I think its a boat??), they still maintain some sort of normalcy. It's normal to read your pets bedtime stories, right?

My son really enjoyed this movie too, he is 1 1/2 and during EVERY song, he started dancing and swaying to the music, which he doesn't do in every movie he watches!

I feel bad for Jenny in a way, because even though her family is rich, her parents have no time for her. Which seems to be the consensus with rich families...That's how they get rich I guess. A kitten will be perfect to keep her company! I almost cried when Jenny got her new kitty a collar, he was so happy! Stupid Georgette, I don't like her. She is too stuck up. And that was messed up when she gave away Oliver back to the mutts! & then the bum uses Oliver to try to get a ransom for returning the cat? Geez. Get a real job!!!!

Georgette on her way with Jenny to get Oliver back, lmao, Georgette looks like she's never left the house before. Poor Jenny, with her piggy bank trying to buy her kitten back. Could this movie be any sadder?????????????????? And then she is kidnapped by Sykes???? This movie is not happy at all... Its actually quite depressing. The bum may be a criminal, but at least he knows the difference between right and wrong!
Shannon
Shannon

http://disneymoviechallenge.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum